Today I was working in the barn from about 2 - 4, trying to get Kings feet picked and some meds. Poor guy is really limping badly still and I hate to see him in pain. I couldn't get him out of his lot into the barn, so I put Jack in the barn and we worked on his sore foot. He is too sore to let me pick any of the other hooves...he just cant place pressure on the bad one. I'm still very worried even if our friend who is an accomplished horseman tells me its just a really bruised frog and should be better in a few days. I'm really worried...BUT ANYHOO!
I came out of the barn to feed Georgia and noticed a white/red/brown stringy discharge on her rump and tail. We got a better look and its not poo like I thought at first! I read a book at the local TSC today when I went to pick up meds for Kings foot, and chicken and rabbit stuff, about mares foaling, and they never mentioned anything at all about this...so my question is - is this normal? IF so..I say we should have a baby within the next 24 hours...if not...well...lets just start with that question first! Gonna call our friend who came out to look at King and see what he thinks...I'm still crossing my fingers that the baby waits until Leah gets home tomorrow after school!!!!
I'll update later tonight!